Recipe Yield: 20
- 1 qt 1 cup Corn, frozen
- 1 qt 1 cup Beans, black, low sodium, drained and rinsed
- 26 oz Lettuce, romaine, EP
- 30 oz Tomatoes, cherry
- 2 oz Cilantro, EP
- 1 qt 1 cup Dressing, ranch, school made, reduced sodium
- 1 StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, low sodium, 43 oz pouch
- Thaw corn overnight in refrigerator. Note: 1 qt 1 c weighs approximately 1 lb 12 oz.
- Drain and rinse canned black beans. Note: 1 qt 1 c weighs approximately 1 lb 11 oz. Set aside.
- Shred lettuce. Cut romaine head in half lengthwise through root end of lettuce. Rinse both halves thoroughly. Make 1 lengthwise cut leaving each root half intact, then cut across to make 1/4” strips. Rinse cut romaine under running water and drain well
- Weigh, then rinse cherry tomatoes under running water. Drain well in a colander. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Set aside.
- Rinse cilantro under running water and drain in a colander. Further dry cilantro by rolling in a disposable paper towel. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing. For ideal color, blend ranch dressing and cilantro together until smooth. Alternatively, finely chop cilantro and mix into dressing.
- Prior to assembly, place undrained tuna in pan. Crumble into smaller pieces using fresh gloved hands.
- Layer the ingredients in a 20 oz shaker salad cup in the following order: ¼ cup drained and rinsed black beans ¼ cup corn ¼ cup halved cherry tomatoes 1 cup romaine 2 oz tuna (packed #16 disher)
- Place the 4 oz insert over the salad. Place the filled 2 oz dressing cup on top of the 4 oz insert, and then cover with domed lid. Serve with 2 oz grain of choice.
|Servings Per Container: 20|
|Servings Size: 1 each|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.