Recipe Yield: 100
- 4 (43 oz.) Pouches - StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, Reduced Sodium
- 1 gallon bread crumbs, divided
- 4 lb. shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 3 qt. light mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 3 cups chopped scallions
- 4, 7 oz. cans chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce, chopped
- 200 Mini hamburger buns, whole grain-rich,1 ounce each, sliced
- Lettuce and tomato for garnish (optional)
- Guacamole and cilantro (optional)
- 1. Preheat convection oven to 400ºF (conventional oven to 425ºF).
- 2. Combine tuna, ½ bread crumbs, cheese and scallions in a large bowl. Reserve remaining ½ of bread crumbs.
- 3. Mix mayonnaise and peppers in a mid-size bowl; Add mayonnaise mixture to tuna mixture.
- 4. Form into patties – portion using a No. 16 scoop; Coat each side of patties with reserved bread crumbs.
- 5. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray; place patties on baking sheets.
- 6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes; turn patties over and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until patties reach an internal temperature of 165ºF for 15 seconds.
- 7. If prepared for immediate service, warm hamburger buns.
- 8. Place one tuna patty between each bun; Place sliders in 12” x 20” x 2/1/2 baking or steam table pans. If sliders are to be held in warming unit, cover pans with foil. CCP: Hold above 135ºF
- Top with a slice of avocado and a little chopped cilantro if desired.
- 9. Offer optional accompaniments and garnishes as desired.
|Servings Per Container: 100|
|Servings Size: 2 sliders|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.