Recipe Yield: 25
- 4 oz Spinach, raw
- 1 cup Cheese, Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, granulated
- 1/2 cup Oil, olive or canola olive blend
- 3 lbs 2 oz. Pasta, penne, whole grain
- 1 StarKist® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, low sodium, 43 oz pouch
- 2 qts Sauce, alfredo*
- 4 oz Cheese, mozzarella, shredded
- *Alfredo sauce is not credited in meal contribution.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare pesto. Weigh prewashed spinach. In a food processor, add spinach, parmesan cheese, and garlic. Pulse until chopped. While the blender is running, add oil. Continue until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Store pesto in the refrigerator if not using immediately to prepare pasta.
- Prepare pasta: Place 4-inch-deep full-size perforated pan inside 4-inch-deep solid, full size steamtable pan. Place 3 lbs 2 oz of pasta per pan. Cover completely with water. Steam until pasta is al dente-fully cooked, but firm. Do not overcook.
- Note: If cooking in very large batches, the kettle or tilt skillet may speed production.
- In a large bowl, add undrained tuna and using fresh gloves, crumble into small pieces. Add pasta and alfredo sauce and gently mix to combine.
- Spray 2-inch-deep steamtable pan with pan release. Pour tuna mixture into prepared pans. Using a small disher or tablespoon, drop scoops of spinach pesto over pasta. Using a spatula, swirl through pesto scoops to spread. Do not overmix.
- For ideal color and appeal, pesto should be swirled throughout pasta, not mixed entirely with sauce.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes or until a minimum internal temperature of 165°F. To serve 1 1/4 c (9 oz), use a no. 8 disher to serve 2 scoops and a no. 16 disher to serve 1 scoop.
|Servings Per Container: 25|
|Servings Size: 1.25 cups|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.